Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Onion disses Drew... and I'm strangely ambivalent about it...

Check out this post from the Onion Sports Network:

Bobby Abreu's angry reaction to a purpose pitch from Boston ace Josh Beckett triggered an ugly fracas Sunday that saw both teams' benches and bullpens cleared, with the notable exception of Red Sox outfielder J.D. Drew. "They looked like they had it under control; don't want too many cooks in the kitchen," said Drew, who could be seen yawning and flicking sunflower seeds into a nearby water cup during the fight. "I thought about getting in there for a second, but then I thought, nah. It didn't really directly concern me. I mean, yeah, they shoved a bunch of my teammates, but it's not like they were gonna die or anything. If someone was in mortal danger, I'd step in there. Yeah, I'd probably do that." Drew then turned his attention to perusing his contract for opt-out clauses. (from The Onion)

My first reaction when I read this was to say "hey The Onion, don't diss my Red Sox boy!" but then I thought... "my boy? Drew....? I'm not so sure..." Strange how right they might be about the very ambivalent nature that seems to surround Drew. He's a good player but, I mean, he's a good player. End of story.

Photo courtesy of The Onion

No comments: